DISCOVER THE PERFECT HOME IN SOUTH CAROLINA
The Perfect Home in SC
The perfect home in South Carolina is for sale! If you are looking for the perfect home in SC, you’ll be hard-pressed to find anything more historic and immaculate than Bloomsbury, 1707 Lyttleton St, Camden, SC.
Conveniently located in the historic district, near downtown, this historically significant, antebellum home is located on a quiet, tree-lined street:
“And yet from my window I look out on a many gallant youth and maiden fair…They call the walk in front of Bloomsbury ‘The Boulevard’.”
Mary Boykin Chesnut, 12 June 1865
The architecture, restoration and gardens accentuate life on a grand scale.
For sale: This strikingly graceful Antebellum home, c.1854, is a true testament to its history. This landmark jewel was built by Colonel James Chesnut, Sr., and was named for his wife’s childhood home, Bloomsbury Court, in New Jersey. Following the Civil War, the Chesnuts (including Mary Boykin Chesnut, famed Civil War diarist) resided at Bloomsbury.
Ten Reasons to Own the Perfect Home in SC
1. The three-quarter wraparound verandah is 1100 square feet of outdoor living space. The fourteen roof-to-ground columns create the perfect South Carolina rain porch for entertaining.
2. The structure of the home is four-over-four with 10-foot-wide central halls and 12.5-foot ceilings.
3. All of the floors are original heart pine, with the main level being quarter-sawn; except for the lower-level which features original brick floors.
4. Rarely found in a home for sale in South Carolina, the front parlor is lined with antique Zuber wallpaper. The historic scenes are “Isola Bella”.
5. The impressive rheostated federalist chandelier with a brass eagle crown was installed in the Chesnut dining room during the 1930 renovation.
6. The 20x20 square feet master bedroom suite, attached to a private 20x20 square feet den, is located on the main living floor. There are four additional bedrooms, each with ensuite baths, up the master cantilever stair case.
7. Transferring with the home are the painstakingly curated achieves assembled by the current owners: a quad-photo collage including the oldest know photograph of the home, the first known architectural diagrams from 1930, original photographs and national news/magazine articles, and a complete, sourced history of the home and property.
8. There are two additional brick structures on the manicured grounds of the perfect home in SC. The original kitchen house features a walk-in fireplace and brick oven. The three-bay garage includes a work area and closeted storage.
9. The meticulous maintained gardens of Bloomsbury have been mapped and documented as a South Carolina Landscape Initiative.
10. Becoming the next great stewards of the most historically significant home in Camden SC is not only a testament to you, but a testament to the home’s history.
And, what did not make our list of ten: 9 working fireplaces, 5-full and 3-half baths, a chef’s right-sized kitchen, oversized laundry room with built-ins, spacious-spacious storage, hydrangea garden, old world azaleas and camellias, 165+ year old live oaks, white-picketed fence, original brass hardware on all doors, amazing arched molding with crown/chair/base moldings, all located in a history-rich historical town filled with true Southern hospitality.
Location, condition, history of this perfect home in SC is unmatched.
For more information: Jeffrey Graham, 803.432.7370
Be the first to comment on this post!
Post a Comment